Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elf on a Shelf and Our Day

Hello everyone! I have a fresher outlook on life right now, because I closed my shop for the holidays last night! I still have orders to get out, but I *should* be done by the end of next week! Hooray for a break soon! :) Today, Addi and I went to our church to help decorate for the Christmas event taking place this Sunday. They are doing a stuff the stocking for the school for the deaf, and Santa will be there, so we made the gym look a little more festive. I was worried about taking Addi, because I wasn't sure she would have anything to do while I was decorating. Boy was I wrong! Addi had the time of her life!

Addi looking a little pensive before we left. I just love this dress. :)
First sign of a good time: these cars. SHE LOVES THEM.
Second sign? Stickers. We laughed so hard at this.
She is getting a little tent like this for Christmas so I am glad she loved it. Hers is pink of course.
Oh! She pointed at the moon and said, "crescent!" "star!" WHAT?! I nearly fell over.
This is just a funny pic from a couple days ago.

Addi met this little guy tonight. I wasn't sure if she would "get" the whole concept of Elf on a Shelf, but she was super shy when I pulled him out of the box. I told her that he leaves every night to talk to Santa about how she behaved that day. I'm still not sure she understands what's going on, but she stood up in her high chair tonight and I said, "Addi the elf is watching you." and she immediately sat down and looked at him. Haha! I'm going to see how it goes. She was really concerned about him being so high on the shelf, but any lower and she wants to hold him. I'm going to put him in a funny place in the morning and see if she notices. She hasn't named him yet either. She doesn't really give her babies names, the only thing she's really "named" has been that bird she called Tommy in the backyard. Regardless, this is something fun for me too!




One more thing, I mentioned a couple days ago how much I love my new Erin Condren life planner. They are a bit expensive and I bought mine with a daily deal type voucher so it was only $25. Well, Doodle Deals is doing a $25 for $50 worth of Erin Condren products! And, if you join you get $5 off your first purchase! Here is the link to get it.
https://doodledeals.com/r/6cd81566c4/1408

Hope y'all had a great day!!!

4 comments:

  1. holy cow - the sticker picture is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sticker mess she made! Lol
    Lol elf on a shelf made her sit down! Lol
    Thanks for the site! I think I'm going to get one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress so much! I debated on order it for so long! It's adorable. We started E on the Shelf last year, this year H just wants to hug him ???? They have the cutest elf on the shelf skirts at Target to make your Elf a girl... but I am not sure if that would encourage cross dressing to a young child??? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally should've done Elf on a Shelf! I can just hear myself: "Lily, the elf can SEE you picking your nose." ;)

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved