Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

I can't believe I haven't posted in so long! Ever since I got my embroidery machine back, it seems like the orders are just rolling in again and I'm trying to find that balance again! I do LOVE creating new things and I really did miss my machine while it was gone, so I'm glad to have it back. :)

Thursday

Addi and I went to The Wonder Place with our playgroup! We always have a great time and Addi plays her little heart out!

She LOVES playing with the food area!
Sweet little Eli!

I think a cute little toy kitchen is in her near future!


Addi took a great nap and was so sweet when she woke up.

She LOVES her moo-moo!


Bathtime was especially fun that night. We didn't realize how long Addi's hair was! Haha!



Friday

We headed to Searcy for the day to spend some time with my Uncle Dennis. He has taken care of my Mimi for close to 20 years, and we went through old pictures and talked about our favorite memories of Mimi. Addi just loves Uncle Dennis and she loves his chair! They went for rides around the room, and what was so funny is afterwards, she tried to take him out of the chair like it was her turn! We laughed so hard.



We left Friday night for our annual canoe trip to Heather Hill! We usually go float the Buffalo, but this year the water was so low we couldn't. We did have lots of fun though!





Saturday

Saturday morning, Josh and I got up SUPER early to go to my Mimi's funeral. So nice to remember her and hear my dad talk about her from a son's perspective. It was so sweet and really, my Mimi poured her heart and soul into her children and grandchildren. She was such an inspiration of how a mother and wife should act and serve her family. I miss her so much, but I know I'll see her again one day. :)

After the service, we headed to the Polar Freeze. We grew up going to this tiny little drive in that has been around for 50 years. My dad and his brothers went to this place all the time when they were boys too! They have the BEST cheeseburgers IN. THE. WORLD. Seriously. And the best ketchup. I know that sounds weird, but it just is. Haha! After lunch and visiting for awhile, we headed back to the river and swam for a little while.

Saturday night, we went to bed pretty early by Heather Hill standards. We started telling ghost stories, which I LOVE, and most of the boys fell asleep out of boredom. :( Josh had an incident of sleep walking which was HILARIOUS to hear about the next morning from everyone who witnessed it.

Sunday

Scott and Evan cooked the most delicious breakfast of french toast, bacon, biscuits and Scott's famous sausage gravy. Oh it was so good! We cleaned up and headed back home. We stopped at Coursey's on the way and picked up some yummy smoked turkey and cheese! We couldn't wait to get back to see Addi, which by the way, had a great time with Josh's mom! Addi got to go out to camp to see Emma and Skipper said she had the BEST time out there! She loves being outside, that is for sure!

I am getting ready for a busy week coming up, and Josh and I are going to see Harry Potter on Tuesday!!! I'm so excited!!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a busy weekend you had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bath pictures. My kids love to do the same thing with their hair and giggle the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I'm so sorry about your Mimi. :( But, otherwise, it looks and sounds like you guys had a fun-filled last few days.
    As for that embroidery machine, I'm glad you've got it back too...'cause I might need a few things soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved