Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Weekend!

Friday started out with a playdate with Twitter friends, Leah and Niki! Leah has Ryanne, and we thought it was about time her and Addi meet! We had fun and the girl's were so sweet.

Addi and I headed to Searcy on Friday night to see Rhen before she left for the summer. Scott got Addi this little battery powered 4wheeler and it took some warming up to, but now she LOVES it!!!





Scott made one of our favorite meals, Western Stir Fry. It is basically a grilled filet with sauteed peppers and onions. You put that on top of penne pasta and then sprinkle with some shredded parmesan. Very simple but very good.

Addi enjoyed a biscuit and strawberries with homemade whipped cream.

After dinner, Addi had a blast in Allie's kennel. She would open the door and say "Hey!" then close it and say "Bye!" So silly!


Saturday, Jeanette did my hair and Addi had a fun time with her Grandpa! He took her to Chickfila and then to Lowe's. They had a great time.

Saturday night, I baked some treats for our church's bake sale! I made Pioneer Woman's oatmeal crispies and strawberry shortcake cupcakes. Basically just white cake mix for the cupcake, but the icing was my special buttercream with a strawberry puree.



This morning, I made Addi's favorite breakfast, sausage balls. She LOVES these things! After church, Nichole and I went to McAlister's for lunch. Josh and Carson were at a going away golfing party for one of our friends. Addi was crazy during lunch and I'm pretty sure Nichole is going to wait on kids for awhile. :)


During Addi's nap I started the preliminary planning stages for her 2nd birthday. I am 99% sure it will be Elmo themed since she is obsessed with Elmo right now. My inspiration for the outfit is just over the top with lots of ruffles. I found a couple of outfits I like and I'm picking different parts of those and Fran and I are going to make something unique and fabulous. I'm very excited!

When she woke up, we colored since that is her favorite thing right now. At some point, she grabbed the bag of sausage balls that I had on the counter and just started munching them. Dixie is definitely her best friend when she has food!




Tonight, we were playing outside, and I was raking and I heard something on the deck. I looked up and Addi had crawled through the doggy door! I nearly died laughing and then got my camera and documented her attempt to come back through.




She finally got back out after trying every which way to come out! Hilarious!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, so first, those treats look SO yummy! Second, I love the pictures of Addi going through the doggy door. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, those baked goodies look so yummy!!! Addi has more personality than she knows what to do with! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you girls has fun!! What about pictures of the mommies??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Addi is just the more adorable little thing. I love her big 'ol bows! I'm sure her birthday outfit will be SO stinking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the doggie door picture! Are you coming to the Arkansas Women Blogger conference? There are less than 2 weeks left to register! Check out our website to register soon! We hope you come! http://arkansaswomenbloggers.blogspot.com/p/featured-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved