Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sick Day...Sorta

First, let me say Addi is sick. Insert major sad face here. :( This afternoon, I was about to rock her and lay her down for a nap, and when I laid her head on my shoulder it was so hot so I took her temperature and it was 100.4! Oh my word, I started tearing up a little bit, because this is the first time Addi has had a fever! We've been very blessed during Addi's first year, and she's only been sick like once, and it was basically just a runny nose. Anyways, so I called Skipper first and she calmed me down (thanks Skip-ma!) and said to give her Tylenol and just keep an eye on it. It has been back at 98.7 for the last three hours, so that is good. I felt so bad because, once you see what all we did today you will probably scold me for Addi being out so much! But seriously, she didn't act any different!!! She was her smiley social self, just with a slight runny nose. She only started getting clingy and felt hot towards the end of the afternoon. Her right eye was getting a little gunky towards the end of the night, so I'm hoping we don't have an eye infection on our hands too!

So onto the fun part of our day! Today Mia came and paid us a visit!!! We had so much fun and Addi was so excited to see her! We went to lunch first at Izzy's. We both said we wanted somewhere different, because we always eat at the same couple of places it seems. Izzy's was a good choice. Everything there tastes fresh and homemade. I got the chicken alfredo and it was definitely homemade sauce! So good. Mia got a really good looking salad and potato soup. I want to go back because the menu is HUGE and I saw like 10 other things I want to try! We also split this for dessert! Very yummy!

After lunch, we went to Michael's, the post office, Target, and Hobby Lobby. So basically, I showed Mia what it's like to be a stay at home mom. Haha! Besides Michael's, these are the places we frequent most.

And yes, Addi is turned around in the seat, she did that herself and we let her stay like that for maybe a minute! Haha!

We were sad to see Mia go, but so glad she came and hung out with us!

So after Mia left was when I found out Addi had a fever. We cuddled in the rocking chair for about 10 minutes before Addi was conked out. She took a quick nap then woke up and we watched Shrek and cuddled on the couch.


Here's a little video from this afternoon also. She was bear crawling all over the place tonight, give's me hope walking might be around the corner! Haha, but it cracked me up that she grabbed Dixie like that!
Hope y'all had a great day and hoping Addi is better by tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

  1. So sad Addi is sick... We will be praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Addi's feeling all better today! You definitely didn't miss much by not coming to Barnes & Noble. Orange Leaf, however...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Olivia's first time to be sick this week too! Must be in the air:) It's hard on the momma and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video ! She will be walking soon... Brooks had the same but was checked out an they found an ear infection also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh that wonderful looking pie. Wish I could pull it out of the screen! Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved