Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick trip to Tulsa!

Well our trip to Tulsa didn't go exactly as planned. Let me just start from the beginning. On our way up there, Addi did great! She slept for the first two hours, played for an hour, but the last hour she started to get kinda restless. Luckily, I had my trusty magazine to hold her off. We got to Janelle's around 1 and apparently, they had a little visit from the fire department just right before we got there! Miss Hadley had locked herself in her room and the fire department had to come and unlock the door! She was perfectly fine, just a little scary!
We tried putting the girl's down for a nap, but neither of them were having it so we just let them play.


We went to an amazing place for dinner called Tally's. It looks like a diner that has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Everything there is homemade, cheap and good. I got the fried chicken dinner and it was four HUGE pieces of boneless chicken that was hand battered, mashed potatoes, fried okra, a salad and I think it was supposed to come with a roll, but I didn't get it, all for $7.50! And it was sooo good. Janelle got a really good burger that had melted cheese, BBQ sauce and pickles. Odd combo, but very delish. Hadley enjoyed her dinner too!

After we got back from dinner we put the girls in the bath. This was Addi's first time in the big bath and first time with a bath buddy!

After the bath, we got both girls to bed without any problems. They were worn out and hadn't had an afternoon nap. Well, Addi slept for about 2 hours before the first wake up happened. I put her back down and she immediately woke back up. Well, it was getting kinda late anyways, so I just put her in bed with me and attempted to go to sleep. Long story short, Addi didn't go to sleep until 1 and woke up at 5:30. And it wasn't exactly a solid stretch of sleep, she would flail and yell about every hour. I woke up with the worst sinus congestion EVER! I literally thought my head was going to explode. I could tell Addi didn't feel good either and her nose was really runny too. So, we decided to go ahead and go home. :( I was so sad! Addi slept most of the drive home which was good. I made an appointment for her to see her doctor just to check things out. Skipper came down and went with me to the appointment. Her doctor said it was just a cold and to give her some Benadryl and Pedialyte. So...we went home and I took some medicine and Addi took her medicine and Skipper watched Addi while I got some much needed rest. Poor Addi was conked out too. Josh said at one point he was laying down with her and she sat up and started crawling and just passed out mid-crawl! She slept through the night and I woke up feeling much better! I'm still not 100%, but I'm getting there. Thank you so much Skip-ma for coming and helping out!!! Also, thank you Josh for taking care of both of us!!!
Today has just been a very VERY lazy day! We have been sleeping alot and just taking it easy.
Thank you Janelle and Hadley for letting us come visit you! Sorry we had to leave so soon! Maybe next time we can stay longer! :)
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog

Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.





Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved