Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Strong Willed Child

I think Addi is going to be just like her Daddy. Yesterday, she refused to eat anything I tried to give her (baby food). But, if I gave her something like puffs, melts, banana, basically anything she could feed herself she scarfed them down. I would try to sneak in a bite of baby food in between her bites she was feeding herself, but she scrunched up her face and turned away! Oh me. I'm not ready for the independent stage yet! And from what I heard, when Josh was little he always wanted to do things himself and it just sounded exhausting and frustrating. She only ate like one jar of baby food yesterday and I was worried she wouldn't sleep at all last night because she was hungry, but she managed to sleep 10 hours so that was good! This morning she let me feed her some apples, so maybe she changed her mind! I'm thinking of foods I can give her so she can feed herself if it happens again. She doesn't have teeth yet, but she mashes stuff up with her jaw pretty good. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Anna-Kate was/ still is miss independent! I think it really surprised everyone that a little baby could have such a strong idea of what she wanted! She liked to eat off our plates a lot.... but she got her first tooth at 6 months. There were days she wouldn't eat unless the food came right off our plate! Maybe diced, cooked carrots would be easy? Thomas likes avocados, those might be soft enough to gum? Or you could try a mesh strainer thing that baby can hold and gum foods. That was handy with Anna-Kate. I put bananas in hers a lot! Good luck!! Independent is so fun... but it's definitely a challenge!

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved