Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mega Easter Post

We just wrapped up Addi's first Easter and it was so much fun. Poor little girl didn't get a nap today so she was a bit on the cranky side and definitely ready to get into bed when she got home. This morning when she woke up we sat together and read her story of Easter book. She liked it, but was way more interested in chewing on the book than looking at the pictures. She played for a little bit with her toys while I got our Easter brunch ready. While Addi took a nap, I got ready then we ate! I made Pioneer Woman's sleepin' in omelet, which is de-licious. And PW's monkey muffins also.

We got to church and for the first time we put Addi in the nursery during service. When she was a little baby, she always slept through church so we never actually took her out of her carrier. Now, all she wants to do is look and flirt with everyone and squeal at her toys, which is just adorable, but I know it is very distracting! She did great, she didn't nap at all, just played. I was really glad to hear it went so well. I kept looking at the back entrance waiting for the nursery lady to come tell me Addi was out of control! After church, we headed to Searcy for lunch at Josh's grandma's house. It was so good, we had a big turkey dinner. I made my chocolate pie, but I only brought one, which was a mistake. But, I had ran out of eggs and didn't feel like going back to Kroger. Luckily, Josh's grandma had made another dessert!

Would you believe that's the only picture we got of the three of us today! And it's only one of three I took of Addi in her outfit. Shocking, I know.
After lunch, we went on an easter egg scavenger hunt that was so much fun. We broke up into teams and had to find eggs, unscramble the messages that led us to our next clue, then after all the eggs had been collected we had to spell out a special easter message. I am proud to say that my team won, and I am the one who guessed the message! It was "he has risen." It's all about the small victories in life. Haha.
After that, we went to Scott's house to find our Easter baskets there. Addi's was hidden underneath the deck, but she didn't have to look very hard for it. Mine and Josh's were a little more difficult! His was hidden up in a tree, and mine was out in the camper!!! They were well worth it. The theme of the baskets this year was swimsuits. We each got swimsuits, coverups and accessories. Along with tons of candy! Thanks Grandpa and Lila!!



After we left there, we stopped by Mimi and Dennis's for awhile. Mimi just loves Addi and always is so good with her. Addi loves to bounce on Mimi's knee.



It was such a great day and a great weekend too! I hope ya'lls Easter was great
too!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved