Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Search

Lately at night before we go to bed, Josh and I usually watch episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. We always end up hungry after the show is over, I don't know when we will learn to not watch something like that before bed! Anyways, we always say, "Man I wish Little Rock had places like that." So we have decided to start a search of all the little hidden and not so hidden places in Little Rock that resemble the places on triple D. On Saturday we went to our first place called Milford Track. It is definitely hidden! It's in an executive building and there is no sign for it so you have to know it's there in order to find it. But man, was it good! It's a tiny little place that has probably five tables inside and a beautiful outdoor patio that overlooks a really pretty pond that has swans! I got a club sandwich on a croissant with french fries. You could tell everything was fresh and homemade. Josh got breakfast which was a great choice. He got an omelet with roasted peppers, mozzarella, mushrooms and smoked ham. It was soooo good. Here is their website.

http://www.milford-track.com/

Today for lunch, we ate at The House which is located in the Heights. Holy Cow. I got a burger with fontina cheese, bacon and carmelized onions. It was so good and such a great combination of flavors. Also, fresh cut fries, again! Yes, my diet is not doing so hot, but fresh cut fries are my weakness. Josh got their crab-andouille-shrimp and chicken gumbo. It was very good also, but very very spicy! Here is their menu.

http://twitpic.com/zr8ye




We are really excited to find more "hidden" places in Little Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved