Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's 2010

well, I must say, this Valentine's has been INCREDIBLE! Saturday night, we had the opportunity to go to the Ronald McDonald house Chocolate Fantasy Ball. It was just ridiculous how much chocolate there was! And the best part was, you didn't have to wait till after dinner, they encourage you to eat dessert first! It was the best. They were also doing a silent auction and we bid on a couple of items. Jeanette won a beautiful jewelry box full of goodies from Dillards, and I won a gorgeous purple pearl necklace and bracelet set, also from Dillards!


The dinner was amazing and we got to meet Ronald McDonald. The stories though from the RMDH were just so incredible and very sad. I definitely teared up when they featured some of the families that have stayed there. It has really motivated me to become more involved in helping those families. I really hope I can get into a position where I can have a more active hand in the RMDH. Here is us and Ronald!


Then, Sunday night we had our annual Valentine's Day dinner. The food turned out really good! We had these little appetizer things I forgot to take a picture of, they were puff pastry rounds with pesto, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese. They were soooo good. Then we had roasted red pepper bisque, a salad with dried cranberries, candied walnuts and sweet and sour dressing. Then we had grilled pork tenderloin, potato gratin, grilled asparagus and rosemary rolls. And to top THAT off, we had red velvet cake for dessert. Ohhhh I am still soo stuffed! I need to kick my workouts up a notch this week to burn off all the food I ate this weekend! Haha.


Wish me luck this week as I continue to train for the half-marathon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved