Friday, February 18, 2011

SUYL: Alma Maters



Today is show us your life over on Kelly's Korner, and I thought I would tell y'all a little about mine since I don't think I've ever talked about it!

It may come as a surprise to some, but I hold a bachelor's in History and a minor in Bible from Harding University. I started out as Early Childhood Education, but after my second year I just hated the classes. I feel bad saying that, but it just didn't feel "right". I LOVED my History classes that I was taking on the side, and just decided to switch over to being a History major. My original plan was to get my master's after college, but I just never got around to taking the GRE and after I graduated, I kinda got a sick feeling anytime I thought about writing a thesis. So...I decided to take a year off and just work. I had never actually had a job at this point and we had just moved to Little Rock and Josh had just started med school. I guess the longer I was away, the more I realized I didn't want to go to more school. I knew that all I wanted to do was become a mom, so we decided that it would be best if I worked until Josh started grad school. Sometimes, I wish I would have majored in Family and Consumer Science, because that would be infinity times more useful, but I honestly love History. I know it's incredibly boring to most, but I just love it! My favorite is Southern History. Mostly because I love the South so much.

Harding was a great school and I never thought I would say this, but I miss chapel and Bible classes. After going to a private high school and then a Christian college, I was a little burn out on Bible classes after I graduated. We had to take one every semester, and in my case sometimes two. But, now I really miss it! We had to go to chapel every morning and it was just 20 minutes of devotional time, I remember thinking I can't wait till I graduate and don't have to go to chapel anymore. Hahaha
Anyways, so here are some pics of us during our undergrad years!






I know, not a TON of pics, but most of our pics during college are actually printed out and I'm too lazy to scan them. And yes, that last picture is of Dixie!!! Wasn't she such a cute little puppy!

So where did y'all go to school?

8 comments:

  1. What fun memories - I agree with the knowing when the major fits! I switched too! And I love the name of your blog - pumpkin butter is one of my favorite fall treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner... I'm a student at Texas Tech University right now, but I'm from Arkansas and my dad graduated from Harding, so I wanted to read your post about it. :) I love your blog! And your little girl is precious! Excited to follow and learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I went to a small Bible college where we had chapel every day too! I thought I was the only one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to Harding!! I was home last spring and I listened to chapel online almost every day (don't tell anyone). I really missed it when I didn't get to go every day. I'm an early childhood ed major. It's my favorite. I love it sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next to chemistry and physics and trig and geography, history (American, world, whatever) was my worst subject in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Harding too and graduated in 2004!Enjoyed reading your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Harding!! Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I used to go to UPLIFT summer camp at Harding during High School. And..I am a Family and Consumer Science Education major! But, I went to LA Tech.

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved