Sunday, April 25, 2010

Makeovers and Brisket


Hi everyone! We just got done with a wonderful weekend! Emma came and stayed with us Saturday so me and Josh got to go out to dinner by ourselves!

We went to Capers which is maybe my new favorite restaurant right now. They had this three course special that I got, and it was to die for. For the appetizer you got fried green tomatoes with crawfish and a really good creamy crawfish sauce. Then for the entree I chose pork tenderloin medallions that had a incredible sauce and it was served with mashed potatoes. For dessert....strawberry shortcake. Maybe the best. Sorry Scott!!! It really was incredible. But, my favorite part was the shrimp bisque we split. OMG. It was so velvety and rich and delicious, I just wanted to die in that soup. It was so good.


Anyways, so while we were at dinner we started talking about maybe smoking something in our new smoker. We went to Fresh Market on our way home and contemplated getting ribs or a brisket. We decided on the brisket. Josh and Noah put the smoker together while Treece gave me and Emma makeovers. It was a lot of fun! I realized we haven't changed much since high school! Poor Josh had to get up every three hours last night to check the water level on the brisket, but his hard work paid off because it was delicious. The smoke penetration was incredible and it had a really nice spice from the dry rub we put on it. All in all, for his first brisket it was pretty dang good! Addi decided she didn't want to nap at all today, so instead of napping me and Emma sewed and played with Addi. She is crawling now and into everything!!!

She always crawls to my lap and wants me to pick her up, or she wants to pull my shirt down. I was sad I didn't get to go to the Nashville half marathon like I planned. It just didn't work out, but it was nice to sleep in a little on Saturday, Josh played with Addi after she woke up from her morning nap and I slept till 12!!! It was awesome. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved