Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for 2011 and NYE Recap

So last year, my goals were (these were taken from last January's post):

1. Get in shape (I make this one every year, but last year it didn't count because I was pregnant.)
2. Be more crafty. I really want to start making things and doing crafts and stuff like that. I have a short attention span and a really quick temper, so this may not last very long.
3. Volunteer!
4. Try new things in regard to food. I'm a wuss when it comes to different foods and I tried tuna sashimi the other day and it was amazing, so I'm going to see what else I'm missing out on.

Ummm so...everything worked out except for the STAYING in shape part! Haha!

Here are my goals for 2011:

1. I would like to become more involved in our church and Bible studies.
2. I would like to start "teaching" Addi more. My goal is to set aside little times during the day where we learn things. I obviously try to do this already, but I would like to be a little more diligent.
3. I would like to read Addi a Bible story every day.
4. Learn to say no more. I am feeling a little too stretched right now with obligations and I need to learn how to say no to people. This is hilarious to me, because it's almost the opposite of the volunteer goal last year. It's hard for a Hufflepuff. :)
5. TRY to be more of a Proverbs 31 woman. I think Josh would be most excited about this one. I just really need to practice being patient and gentle when I get mad.
6. I would really like start my own business! Josh got me a monogram machine and sewing machine for Christmas (I know!!!! My head almost exploded!) So be on the lookout for some new designs coming up! :)
7. Try and make Addi a healthy eater. This might be the hardest one!
8. Okay, I'm just going to say it. Get in shape. Haha!

Last night, we had a great party with some of our friends, and my dad and brother. By the way, my Mimi fell a couple days ago and broke her hip. She is doing fine now, but they moved her to an assisted living home yesterday, so if y'all could just remember her in your prayers. :) Anyways, so that's why my dad was here, so he could help my uncle with some stuff and get Mimi moved. We had fondue, which was AMAZING. And then Josh made crepes for dessert. So good!!! For some reason, and this always happens, there is a guys table and a girl's table. Are we in 5th grade? Yes. But, after dessert, the guys holed up in the game room to play with Josh's new Playstation Move and us girls sat around the table talking. It was wonderful. Here are some pictures.









Oh and it was a combined effort on many parts to teach Addi this face, then to teach her to make the face when we say, "make the face!" Cracks me up EVERYTIME!!!


I hope y'all had a great year, and an even better 2011!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2011!...the year I intend to get in shape too. :)
    I'm sorry about your Mimi. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Ashley! I love your resolutions! Are you going to set up an Etsy shop? My sister sells Cat Hats and has been really successful on there! ha! Praying for your Mimi!

    ReplyDelete





Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog


Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.

Me

Me

Josh

Josh

Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved