Monday, June 7, 2010

Tyler Weekend!

This past weekend, we went to Tyler, Texas for Josh's cousin Keri's graduation. I was a little worried about how Addi would do with the traveling and the sleeping, but she did great! Me and Skipper left Thursday afternoon around noon. I had held Addi off of her morning nap so she would sleep in the car, and she slept all the way to Texarkana! I fed her a bottle and some mangos in the car and we played till she got kinda restless. We were needing a bathroom break and some ice cream anyways so we pulled over at Braum's, one of the best little fast food places. It's so neat because they have little grocery stores inside of them, I wish there was one in Little Rock! Addi was happy to get out of the car and look around. We decided we were hungry also so we got cheeseburgers AND ice cream! Ha! I fed Addi some of my ice cream and she LOVED it, I think she got a brain freeze at one point, because she made the weirdest face and was pulling at her face. Whoops.

We got back in the car and about 30 minutes from Laura's house, Addi started to get a little restless. Luckily we had puffs and peek a who so Addi was okay.

We pulled up to Laura's house and I was AMAZED at how beautiful it was! To give you an idea of how grand this house is, we pulled up to a gate and then drove up to the house. It's incredible!

Anyways, Addi was so glad to get out of the car and we let her crawl around and burn off some energy while Laura gave us a tour. We have noticed lately that Addi LOVES boys. It's really funny, so she was all about Clint. She reached for him and just lit up when he came into the room, hilarious!

We are not ready to deal with that yet Addi! We went to eat dinner after that at this great Italian place. Addi was being a toot towards the end, but I couldn't blame her because I knew she was tired and just annoyed still with being in the car for that long! We went home and put her to bed. She did pretty good that night sleeping in her pack n' play, she only woke up once about 2 and then slept till 8:30. Laura was so hospitable and put a changing pad, rocker and a coffeemaker in our room.
On Friday, Skipper got her bridal pictures made! They are so beautiful and she had a lot of fun taking them. I got the privilege of driving a mule out to Laura's field and dropping Skipper off so her dress wouldn't get dirty. The photographer got some cute pics of me driving her out there too. We ate lunch at this cute place called Newk's that had sweet tea made with splenda! Where is this in Arkansas?!! That afternoon we just relaxed and waited on the other's to get there. Addi missed her afternoon nap so I put her down for bed at 6:30! She slept till 8:15 the next morning! Holy cow! I couldn't believe she slept that long, let alone in her pack n' play! The only bad thing was I woke up at 5:30 and didn't go back to sleep right away. :(
The next morning was Keri's graduation and me and Addi decided to stay behind since it was at her naptime and we had heard the traffic was going to be horrible. We met everybody later for lunch at this great Mexican restaurant.

When we got back from lunch we ate some cake and watched Keri open her presents. Then we went swimming!

Addi had fun, but she was ready for a nap. While she was asleep we had a lot of fun playing in the pool. When Addi woke up we went inside and gave her a little snack. Her hair was so crazy and we gave her a mohawk!

We started getting ready for dinner after that, and Addi wore her A&M dress for Rhen!

We had a great dinner at this Asian restaurant that was a lot like PF Chang's. I got this really yummy honey chicken and the most amazing fried rice EVER. That night we just hung out and visited. Addi didn't sleep so good that night, she woke up at 4:30 and then was awake for the day at 6:30. I had taken a zyrtec the night before and I was SO drowsy that I didn't know what was going on. Poor Josh took care of Addi until he left for church, we stayed behind because Addi was ready for a nap and I was in no shape to go anywhere. That will be the LAST time I take zyrtec! We ate lunch at TGIFriday's and then hit the road! Addi fell asleep pretty soon after we were in the car and slept for about 2 hours. We stopped at this little roadside market that sold lots of produce, preserves and homemade peach ice cream. It was so good, I almost forgot to save Josh a bite! We got some squash, tomatoes, green tomatoes, okra, new potatoes,and peaches. I even found a little jar of pumpkin butter! It smelled so good!

When we got to Texarkana, we decided Addi needed a little break. We went to Mur and Granddad's and Addi played with Sampson for awhile, she loved him, but I think he was a little scared of her! Rhen rode with us and Josh drove her car. She did such a great job keeping Addi entertained! We did have to pull out all stops at one point because she was so fussy. I let Addi have my "secret weapon", a magazine. I know it sounds weird but Addi loves to rip apart magazines and I don't see any harm in it so I let her have at it! Ha! She went to bed as soon as we got home and slept through the night! We've got a busy week ahead of us so I'm glad I got some sleep! Hope y'all had a good weekend!


  1. I just had to tell you that while I was reading your blog Anna-Kate came over and started looking at the pictures of Addi and said, "Mommy, can I have that baby?" lol It was really cute!!


Pumpkin Butter Kids

My Etsy Shop

My Recipe Blog

Click @adeichhorn to follow me on Twitter.





Sweet Addi

Sweet Addi
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved